How to Build Your Landing Page from Scratch
Sometimes, we write about SEO and marketing topics that completely fly over our readers’ heads. We forget that through all of the experienced Affiliates we have in our vast network, there are new Affiliates signing up by the minute. To accommodate to those just starting out in the leads generation industry, we’re going to guide you through the process of creating a landing page and getting it running from scratch. If you’re ready, let’s dive into it!
Find a flexible web host
If you want to feature a blog on your website, then you would typically choose platforms such as WordPress or Blogger. We suggest that you look for a web host that’s flexible. These blog platforms might appeal to those who aren’t adept at design, but flexibility pays off in the long run. You don’t want to choose a host that restricts your limits on design, features, and content. Since your landing page needs a place to “live,” aka a web host, find a host that has these essential characteristics:
- Great Customer Service: If you’re new to web design and digital marketing, then you will probably have a lot of great questions. Pick a web hosting service that responds quickly and helpfully.
- Reliability: When this platform becomes a stable source of your income, the last thing you want to happen is for it to crash for a couple of hours. Find a web host that’s known for their uptime reliability.
- Loading Speed: Each web hosting service has its own loading speeds. You don’t want to get stuck with a host that brings down your potential loading speed because it will affect your SEO rankings. To compare web host loading speeds, click here.
Research the best domain name
After you’ve chosen your web host, it’s time to figure out the right name for your domain. This step is crucial because it contributes to the effectiveness of your SEO marketing later on. You can pick any domain name at the top of your head or you can use a tool. Whichever way you prefer, make sure your domain name follows these rules:
- Relevant to Your Niche: Your website/domain name is one of the first things that people look at when they come across your site on SERPs. If your domain name matches with the services that you offer, then you will gain more credibility with your visitors. For example, if someone searches up, “Short term loans,” and your domain is shorttermloansforyou.com, then it fits their search exactly. Try to include important keywords or key phrases in your domain name. That little trick will instantly make your website relevant to your niche.
- Understandable: Even if your domain has relevant keywords, make sure that it’s in an order that makes sense. You don’t want your domain name to come off as a word salad; it’ll only bring down your credibility and make you seem scammy.
- Top Level Domain: TLDs, or top level domains, end with .uk, .com, .org, .net, and you get the gist of it. Ending your landing page with one of these TLDs will be to your advantage because consumers generally trust these domains. They are familiar with it, so anything that’s too spontaneous or contains too many symbols might scare your visitors away.
The point of optimising your domain is to establish trust with your potential clients. If you make that your main priority, then your domain name will turn out just fine.
Choose an optimised design
Next, it’s time to optimise your landing page design. Landing pages come with a specific formula that has worked throughout the years for millions of Affiliates. Our brains interpret colours, images, and text in pretty much the same way across the board. These website attributes are critical to your conversions because visitors are quick to judge. The power of first impressions shouldn’t be undermined. In fact, it only takes two-tenths of a second for your visitors to form an opinion about your website. So, build a strong sales funnel with your design to lead visitors to your main call to action. To get more insight on how to optimise your landing page design, check out our complete guide here.
Optimise your content for SEO
Now that you’ve chosen a reliable website host, a captivating domain name, and an optimised website layout, it’s time to draw visitors to your landing page with these SEO strategies. Google’s algorithm changes several hundred times a year to ensure that their best ranking websites have the consumers’ best interest at heart. To be endorsed by such an algorithm, you’ve got to do what it aims to do: give customers the best possible web browsing experience. Improve your page loading speed, start a blog, build links, and write about your chosen keywords often. You can use these 8 SEO tools to help you get started on the right foot!
We hope that this article encourages you to create high ranking landing pages! To start earning with your traffic today, sign up to be an Affiliate!
Double Your Affiliate Marketing Traffic with These Strats
How To Grow Affiliate Marketing Traffic from Free and Paid Sources As a content promoter – blogger, publisher, influencer, or affiliate – you must be most interested in growing your affiliate marketing traffic. You know how it works: the more leads you generate, the more you sell, and the quicker you reach your or your […]
Affiliate Tips: A Google Analytics Intelligence Briefing
Understanding your audience’s behaviour can feel like the work of a secret agent. These Google Analytics tips will give you a licence to kill it with key metrics.
12 Quick Lead Generation Tips for 2020
Here are a dozen dependable lead generation tips for an unpredictable year.